August 20, 2014
At YCIS Shanghai, all students in Years 10–11 undertake the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), the two-year qualifications set by the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) board. This year, as a continuation of the impressive results YCIS Shanghai students have had year after year, Year 11 students from both the Gubei and Century Park Campuses have once again achieved excellent results in their IGCSE examinations, including:
- Top in the World: International Mathematics – Gillian
- Best across Eight Cambridge IGCSE’s: First Place – Gillian
- Top in China: Economics – Gillian
- Top in China: First Language English – Gillian
- Top in China: Design and Technology – Nok Hang
- Top in China: First Language English– Spencer
- Top in China: World Literature – Spencer
- High Achievement: First Language Japanese – Reiren
Based on the results of the June examinations, YCIS was the only school in Shanghai to have multiple award winners as well as having a student who achieved multiple awards.
Year 11 students at YCIS Shanghai have earned outstanding marks in external examinations for more than 10 years, ever since YCIS began offering these qualifications. According to Mr Jonathan Evans, IGCSE Co-ordinator at Gubei Campus, “For over five years, students from YCIS Shanghai have received a range of ‘Top in the World’ and ‘Top in China’ awards in their IGCSE examinations. This is a testament to the students’ hard work and the dedication and qualifications of our excellent academic staff, and is one of the reasons why YCIS was presented, as the only school in China, with the ‘Cambridge Award for Excellence in Education’ in recognition of the school’s longstanding commitment to providing a world-class, global education for its students.”
To read more about YCIS’s achievements in academics over the years, click here.