Hongqiao Campus was established in 1993 as the first YCIS campus in Shanghai. Parents and students alike characterise the campus as “a happy place to be”. With substantial, state-of-the-art facilities, students benefit from an ideal learning environment, and this is reflected not only in their results, but also in their smiling faces.
Caring and attentive Co-Teachers support the children’s learning, their focus on important values, and their development of a global mindset.
Located in the western part of the city, the campus is conveniently situated near housing compounds, shopping centres, and restaurants that are popular with the expatriate community. Given this prime location and ease of accessibility, parents are actively engaged in on-campus activities.
The campus facilities accommodate the needs of a growing population of students, and include:
- Large, bright classrooms with interactive Smartboard technology to encourage stimulating classroom interaction
- Air filtration units in the classrooms, and central air purification in communal areas to provide students with a safe learning environment
- A large sports field and safe play areas where children can exercise, run, and play
- Dedicated computer labs equipped with the latest hardware and software
- Libraries which house a large collection of English and Chinese literature
- Music and multi-purpose rooms, where children gain a firm foundation in music and the performing arts
- Spacious, well-equipped art rooms and kiln room for creative and innovative learning projects
- Competitive gymnasium and dance room for Physical Education classes and after-school activities
- During the 2017/2018 school year, students in Years 3–6 will begin using the competition training swimming pool at the Ronghua Campus for swimming lessons and after-school activities
Every aspect of learning, from the facilities to the curriculum, has been developed to provide a unique and enjoyable learning experience for each student. For a Virtual Tour of Hongqiao Campus, please click here.
Note: Beginning in February 2018, the Hongqiao Campus will complete a one-and-a-half year strategic renovation project on the “A Building” shown above, designed to provide Primary students with a world-class Learning Community environment.