As the longest-established independent international school in Shanghai, YCIS has developed a recognised reputation for academic excellence and for helping to develop well-rounded, globally-minded students. Given the demand for our Early Childhood Education (ECE) programme, YCIS Shanghai opened our state-of-the-art Ronghua Campus in 2018 in Puxi chiefly for our youngest learners, aged 2 – 6.
The Ronghua Campus was designed by Fielding Nair International, a globally-recognised architectural firm which specialises in the development of world-class learning spaces for children. Featuring a “Learning Community” structure, classrooms at this purpose-built facility are constructed using flexible layouts that can change according to classroom activities and needs. This supports an agile learning environment where students engage in collaborative, community, and small group settings.
In February 2018, the campus was awarded the prestigious Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). It is notable that this campus is the very first school campus in all of Shanghai to receive a LEED award. This certification requires a technically rigorous process, including the incorporation of environmentally-friendly building materials to achieve an efficient and healthy indoor environment.
The campus includes a range of features:
- Large, bright, modifiable classrooms with interactive Smartboard technology to encourage stimulating classroom interaction
- The latest technology in air purification, with monitors around the building to view the AQi index in classrooms
- Learning spaces with individually-controlled air conditioning, and floor heating on the first and second levels
- A large play area with custom-designed playground equipment imported from an overseas manufacturer to promote students’ physical development
- Dedicated music and art rooms for large and small group activities
- A computer lab equipped with modern software and hardware
- A library with a large collection of English and Chinese children’s literature
- For Primary Year 3 students and above,
- A competition training swimming pool for swimming lessons and after-school activities at the lower level (B1)
- For Secondary students who access the campus from a separate entrance and use only the lower level (B1),
- A fitness centre complete with the latest fitness training equipment
- A competition training swimming pool for swimming lessons and after-school activities
For a Virtual Tour of Ronghua Campus, please click here.
To learn more about the campus or to schedule a tour, please contact our Admissions Team on +86 21 2226 7666, ext. 2345 or click here to submit an online enquiry form.