IGCSE & IBDP Results
YCIS Shanghai students are known for their excellence in academics, including examination results and overall scholastic achievement. A rigorous academic programme, paired with a holistic approach to education is the reason why YCIS Shanghai graduates continue to be accepted at top-ranked universities around the world.
Recognition and Awards
- In 2012, YCIS became the first and only international school in Asia to receive the Cambridge Award for Excellence in Education.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) – 2018 Results:
- The average combined IB score of the YCIS Shanghai Class of 2018 was 35, more than five full points higher than the worldwide average of 29.78.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) – 2017 Results:
- The average combined IB score of the YCIS Shanghai Class of 2017 was an impressive score of 35, five points higher than the worldwide average of 29.9.
- The overall percentage of diploma students who achieved a score of 40 or higher was 16%, more than double the global average of 7.3%.
- 37.3% of YCIS Shanghai students pursued and achieved a bilingual diploma compared to the worldwide average of 23%, demonstrating the impact of the school’s robust Chinese language programme.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) – 2018 Results:
- Top in World for Foreign Language Mandarin – Minseong
- Top in China for Foreign Language Spanish – Beatriz
- Top in China for Co-ordinated Sciences (Double Award) – Ji Woo
- First Place – Best Across Eight IGCSE Qualifications – Ji Woo
- Top in China for Global Perspectives – Shu Min
- Top in China for Physical Education – Shu Min
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) – 2017 Results:
- Top in World for Foreign Language Mandarin – Hannah
- Top in China for World Literature - Oliver
- Top in China for Design and Technology – So Yun