Hongqiao Campus was established in 1993 as the first YCIS campus in Shanghai. Parents and students alike characterise the campus as “a happy place to be”. The modern facilities provide students with an ideal learning environment, and this is reflected not only in their results but also in their smiling faces.
Caring and attentive Co-Teachers support the children’s learning and their development of important values and a global mindset.
Located in the western part of the city, the campus is conveniently situated near housing compounds, shopping centres, and restaurants that are popular with the international community. Given this prime location and ease of accessibility, parents are actively engaged in on-campus activities.
The campus facilities include:
- Large, bright classrooms with interactive Smartboard technology to encourage stimulating classroom interaction.
- Air filtration units in the classrooms, and central air purification in communal areas to provide students with a safe and healthy learning environment.
- A large sports field and play areas where children can exercise, run, and play.
- Dedicated computer lab equipped with the latest hardware and software.
- Library which houses a large collection of English and Chinese literature.
- Music and multi-purpose rooms, where children gain a firm foundation in music and the performing arts.
- Spacious, well-equipped art room and kiln room for creative and innovative learning projects.
- Competitive gymnasium and dance room for Physical Education classes and Co-Curricular Activities.
- Students in Years 3–6 use the competition training swimming pool at the Ronghua Campus for swimming lessons and Co-Curricular Activities.
Every aspect of learning, from the facilities to the curriculum, has been developed to provide a unique and enjoyable learning experience for each student. For a Virtual Tour of Hongqiao Campus, please click here.
Note: Beginning in April 2018, the Hongqiao Campus will undertake a one-and-a-half-year strategic renovation project on the 'A Building', designed to provide Primary students with a world-class Learning Community environment.